Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sara's Sesame Street Birthday Party - Part 1

'm so excited that my first blog is about my daughter's 2nd birthday party.  I had such a great time planning it and coming up with ideas to make it special for her.   All of my inspiration came from this blog from Hostess with the Mostess.  She had the most creative ideas for a Sesame Street party that were different from the typical Sesame Street party.  I'm going to have to break this blog into parts - there are so many things that I created for this party, this post would be super long if I tried to fit it all in one! 

To start, I designed the invitations with help on making the characters from this video on YouTube.   The cardstock is all from Envelopments as is the pocket card.  I love how they turned out - they were all mailed in clear self sealing envelopes, also from Envelopments.  I was so touched that some of the people who received invitations actually framed them for their childs room! 

Front of the invitation

Pocket Side of the Invitation


Next, I needed a color scheme and since we decided to do a Sesame Street party and not just an Elmo themed party, I decided to use bright primary and secondary colors; red, blue, yellow, green, orange and purple, plus I added in some bright pink to make it a little girly!  The cake was one of my next priorities.  A neighbor recommended someone to me and she did a FABULOUS job!  She wrote all the kids names who attended the party on the cupcakes!    Here is a picture of how the cake turned out.  She even copied the characters I made for the invitation on the bottom layer of the cake!  PERFECT!  I'll have to see if I can find a better picture of the cake and cupcakes. 



The cake table was also a dessert table.  We had Cookie Monster's cookie jar full of homemade chocolate chip cookies, Twizzler's, Abby Caddaby's Magic Pretzel Sticks dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles and, of course, M&M's (who can have a party without M&M's - plus they fit my color scheme perfectly!)

For the other food, we had Ernie and Bert's mini hot dogs, Elmo's favorite food (mini pizzas), Elmo's goldfish, Oscar the Grouch's Trash Can Snack Mix, Barkley's Puppy Chow,  The Count's Jello Jiggler Numbers and Rosita's Chips and Salsa.  In addition, there was also a fruit and veggie tray and two large glass containers full of kid-friendly gummy fruit snacks. 



In my next post, I'll talk about what I did for all the Sesame Street themed decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment